Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Watcher's Council

The members of the Watcher's Council hold a vote every week on what they consider to be the most link-worthy pieces of writing around. Per the Watcher's instructions, I am submitting one of my own posts for consideration in the upcoming nominations process.

The first time I submitted my writing I got zero votes. The next, a paltry 2/3 (by the recondite voting system this means one first place or two second place votes). Finally, last week I was fourth place in the non-council or "Nouncil" posts, receiving 1 1/3 votes and losing to Small Wars Journal and Captains Quarters, among others.

At any rate perhaps a more scientific approach this week will net me an ever increasing bounty of votes -- by my consensus-backed scientific methodology (tm) I should receive just over 78 votes by sometime next year, obliterating the weekly winning average of 3-4.

Here is the most recent winning council post, here is the most recent winning non-council post, here is the list of results for the latest vote, and here is the initial posting of all the nominees that were voted on.

0 comments: