Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Two for the price of one!

Just lovely. Who needs the 23rd Amendment anyway?

If Americans elect Hillary Clinton as president next year they will also be re-electing her husband Bill, according to the author of a new biography of the former First Lady.

"There is no question in my mind it would be a co-presidency because he has better judgment than she does on most political matters. He would be a constant presence," said Mr Bernstein.

On the campaign trail to win the Democrat Party's nomination Mrs Clinton has said that she would use her husband as a global ambassador for America. But his real role would go much further, Mr Bernstein believes.
Now, its just speculation, I know. But is it really wild speculation? Or is it plausible?

Personally I find it very likely that Bill Clinton would do just about anything to get back into office, even using his wife as cover for his own political ambitions. And I have no compulsions over suggesting that Hillary would go for this; the only thing that would temper that conclusion would be that she'd not like splitting the power. She doesn't seem like the type who shares well with others.

I still fail to understand the world's love affair with Slick Willie. I've asked repeatedly to be shown what he did that was so good. Kosovo, Somalia, the Sudanese aspirin cruise missile attacks, the non-response to the USS Cole...these are not positive memories. The economy was booming, yes -- but it plummeted soon after. And the balanced budget? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that congress controlled the purse-strings of the government.

This two-for-one offer is definitely not a deal.

0 comments: