Monday, August 21, 2006

Slippery Slope

This is the problem with granting moral equivalency. I find it amusing that many of the phrases these folks employ are spot-on word for word what homosexuals use to incite support for their alternative lifestyle.

"Because of our beliefs, many of our people have been incarcerated and had their basic human rights stripped of them, namely life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness," said a 19-year-old identified only as Tyler. "I didn't come here today to ask for your permission to live my beliefs. I shouldn't have to."
And you know, he has a point. He shouldn't have to ask for permission to live his beliefs. However, he does have to ask for societal approval of his lifestyle, and we are not obligated to grant that approval. As far as I'm concerned, swingers, polygamists, homosexuals, and those who practice bestiality can all be thrown into the same pool of folks who want to go against the flow. They are more than welcome to do so in my opinion -- but don't ask me to sign off on it.

0 comments: